CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Demons & Denial

Whiskey eyes/It's not him looking down at me/He's mad, and a small bolt of fear hits my heart/I don't know this man/There's no reasoning with him/He's mad, and I don't know what to say, or do/I keep quiet, refusing to argue with him/Crashing and anger/This isn't real...

He's gone and back again/This time he's hellbent/Threats and anger seeping out of every pore/I'm still half asleep/What is going on???/There's a gun now/And I'm calling 911/This isn't my life/His whiskey eyes are angrier, filled with fire and hate/I don't know what exactly he's capable of/But I don't want to find out...

There's so many cop cars parked in front/This isn't my life/That isn't my husband/I'm so upset; so angry/This is my home/My peace and serenity/I second guess every decision I've ever made/Do I stay or do I go???/My little guy is wide eyed, looking around/Trying to figure out what is going on/Why are Grandma & Grandpa here so late?

Somehow, someway, everything turns out okay/No felonies, no harm/My heart is broken/My mind is reeling/I'm so upset/do I stay or do I go???/I look down at my little guy, sleeping in my arms/I made a promise once/He deserves the life I never had/So I reach out to his dad/He's beside himself/Hating himself and blaming himself/He knows now he can't drink/He knows now how close he came to losing everything/Somehow we'll try again and try to make it work/For him...

0 comments:

Post a Comment